Dish Washer

So yes, I washed dishes last week. Big Boss likes to order take out and then eat off her own dish. But that dish has to get clean somehow, doesn't it? I guess Vin usually does it, but he wasn't around when she finished her dinner, lucky guy. It went like this.

Big Boss: Internchick? Can you come in my office please?
Me: Yes, Big Boss, what can I do for you?
Big Boss: Can you, uh, take care of my dish?
Me: I'm sorry, what???
Big Boss: Yes..you need to clean off the dish and then wash it in the kitchen and replace it back in my cabinet. Thank you.

Seriously? I don't even wash my own dishes. I prefer plastic forks to silverware any day just so I don't have to wash it. And this wasn't just any dish, I think it wins the world record for heaviest dish in the universe because by the end of the whole ordeal, my arm was shaking. I got soap suds all over the entire kitchen and got some pretty crude looks from the other employees coming into the kitchen.

In all honesty, I've done much worse at my past internships. I've ironed clothes and gone to hotel rooms of strange men to teach them how to burn CDs, I've even gone pants shopping for one of my bosses. I expect these things from an internship, I just thought my boss was not that type of boss. I don't know what I was thinking to be honest, this is the music industry after all.

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do at work. But this? This, personal maid service crap? I've washed my (dish) hands of it.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    oh dear, i heard but i didn't belive it! at least washing dishes doesn't reveal your hidden talents with making clothes wrinkle free!  


 

Photobucket

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates