Overtime

So I've been busy playing the game for the past few weeks. A couple clutch plays here and there, an ankle-breaker every so often, maybe a few timeouts. But when Thanksgiving was fast approaching, I realized this game had been over for quite some time. Now I was in overtime. Sudden death. I needed to get off the court and back in the locker room, this game was starting to mess with my skills.

I thought and thought about this for quite some time. I had to get out of this job, because I was picturing myself just floating along, waiting for something to fall in my lap. That's not how I play. Do I take that leap into the sea of the unemployed, or do I stay, quietly collecting my $100/week stipend that doesn't even cover groceries? I was starting to realize that I was setting my worth at that $100--if I believe that's how much I'm worth, that's what everyone else will believe, too.
I'm worth more. So I quit.
I quit the day before Thanksgiving and I was at peace with my decision. I believe that everything you do in your life should not only teach you something, but it should serve some type of purpose. Even this job served a purpose. It made me remember how much I truly love music and the industry. Most of the times I've been working have been in the music industry, and sometimes, you just don't know what you have until it's gone. My love has been reinstated. I guess you could call that the game winning play at the buzzer.

0 comments:


 

Photobucket

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates