20 Favorite Quotes

You know those people that have "favorite quotes" coming out their ears (and maybe their mouths)? While I'm not one of those people, I somehow started this Memo in my Blackberry where I add in any quotes I've come across while going about my everyday life that mean something to me. I didn't think I really cared about it until one day I accidentally deleted it and was extremely upset. They aren't your typical quotes that you copy down from some painfully corny website with whiny Muzak playing in the background. I take them from magazine articles or interviews, books (fiction and non), a few from songs, and some just from regular conversation. I have nothing else to write about, so I'll let these speak for me--and you can quote me on that... Which one is your favorite?

1. If people aren't laughing at your dreams, you aren't dreaming big enough.
2. Luck is what you have left over after you give 100%
3. Contemplate compatibility before commitment.
4. As long as the music has the true to the heart soul, it can be Hip-Hop. As long as it has soul to it, Hip-Hop can live on. - Tupac Shakur (from a rare interview)
5. In the end, I've found that flying solo is difficult but not impossible -Victor Manuelle (interview with Billboard Magazine)
6. 'Stressed' spelled backwards is 'desserts'. (who's with me on this one??)
7. Never work for money, make money work for you.
8. Without resistance, there is no growth. Without growth there are no good and bad moments. Without good and bad moments, there are no special moments or lessons learned.
9. If crime doesn't pay, does that mean my job is a crime? (This should be the motto for every intern, and its probably true)
10. The higher your goals are and the bigger you dream, the smaller your competition becomes. - J. Cole (first artist signed to Roc Nation)
11. When you know you're going to make it; when you know you're destined for something and you believe in yourself, you have to keep telling yourself its coming or else you'll start to doubt it. - J. Cole (from an interview)
12. Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it, and live the phrase "sky's the limit." - Notorious B.I.G. (from the song "Sky's the Limit" feat. 112)
13. Envy can be a positive motivator. Let it inspire you to work harder for what you want.
14. 90% is your business, 10% is your talent.
15. There's no association of people wanting to see others do well in this space. They think that if someone else is doing well, they must not be. They're stealing their ability to do well, and to me, that is sad. - Lyor Cohen (on the state of the music industry in an interview with The Source magazine)
16. You have to love what you do to really make things happen. - P. Green
17. Specialness, excitement, and emotion are what resonate. - Ralph Lauren (as quoted in Vogue magazine)
18. Stay up. Be aware. Be innovative. Let's keep making this shit interesting. - Jay-Z (from an interview with XXL Magazine)
19. One reason you work hard to be the best is so the people you're up against see right away you are. You make 'em believe they can't beat you, and they can't. - Tabitha King (from her book "One on One")
20. On Earth, our dear ones do live on through those of us to whom they were so very precious. (A personal favorite of mine)

Add your own!

0 comments:


 

Photobucket

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates