My Last First Day

Today was my first day at what better be my very very last internship (for real this time).

I came in and was given an overview of the company priorities and then shadowed one of the employees for a few hours. I had only sat at my new cube for 5 minutes before I was already answering the main line for the office, fielding calls and answering questions the best I could. I found this to be much less nerve wracking when regular people are calling instead of executives I've idolized since I was 9.
Then I worked on a spreadsheet for the rest of the day, filling in the blanks and posting the company priorities on the internet.
Maybe I was happy to join the rest of the living this morning, but there was one thought I couldn't chase out of my head all day. I went from working in the music industry to now just being one of the thousands of people who want to work in music and don't.
I feel like I just walked blindly into mediocrity.

0 comments:


 

Photobucket

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates